If you are facing sex crimes charges in Framingham, you need the help of an experienced sex crimes attorney right away. Before speaking with police, child welfare, or any investigator, call Attorney Chris Spring at (617) 513-9444 to discuss your charges.
Attorney Chris Spring has a track record of success defending clients in sex crimes cases. When you retain Attorney Spring, you are working with an attorney who has:
- Experience as a former Middlesex County prosecutor;
- Owned his criminal defense firm for fifteen years; and
- An aggressive approach to defending his clients’ legal rights and freedom.
Do not let law enforcement intimidate you. Call Attorney Chris Spring for a risk-free evaluation of your charges today. Attorney Spring will not pass you off to an associate attorney or legal assistant and is available to clients nights, weekends, and holidays.
Why Do I Need a Framingham Sex Crimes Defense Attorney?
It is essential to hire an experienced Framingham sex crimes lawyer, like Attorney Chris Spring, to defend you against sex crimes charges. Attorney Spring will help you in many of the following ways:
- Review the facts and evidence in your case;
- Listen to your story and examine any witness statements;
- Develop and strategize an individualized defense against any allegations;
- Be with you during any investigator interviews;
- Represent your best interests in all court hearings and any talks with the prosecution;
- Help you understand any potential benefits and risks of available resolutions to your case; and
- Try your case and argue to the jury that you should be found not guilty.
Attorney Spring will stay by your side to answer your questions and navigate you through the criminal justice process. Your meetings with Attorney Spring are confidential, and his fees are straightforward. Do not put off getting the help you need; contact Spring & Spring today.
Sex Crimes in Framingham, MA
There are numerous sex crimes in Massachusetts. To convict a defendant of any sex crime, the Commonwealth must prove a defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Some of the more commonly charged sex crimes include:
- Rape. Rape is engaging in natural or unnatural intercourse against the victim’s will using force or threat of bodily harm. A conviction results in sex offender registration and possibly life in prison when aggravating factors are present;
- Assault with intent to rape, or attempted rape. Attempted rape may necessitate sex offender registration and carry prison time;
- Statutory rape, or rape and abuse of a child. This involves the rape of a child under the age of sixteen. Depending on the specifics of the crime, a conviction may result in life in prison or indefinite incarceration in a treatment center;
- Indecent assault and battery. Indecent assault and battery is unwanted sexual touching without intercourse. The penalties are partly dependent on the age of the victim. A conviction can carry prison time and sex offender registration;
- Open and gross lewd and lascivious behavior. This behavior involves publicly exposing one’s genitals, buttocks, or breasts in a way meant to alarm or shock and may result in state prison time. A second offense requires sex offender registration; and
- Indecent exposure. Indecent exposure is exposing one’s private parts in a way that is offensive to at least one person. This is punishable by a fine or jail sentence.
Potential Sex Crimes Defenses
A criminal defense attorney specializing in sex crimes will determine the best individual defense for a defendant facing charges. There are varied strategies to defend allegations of a sex crime. Sometimes more than one will apply to a case.
Potential defenses in a sex crimes case may include one or more of the following:
- Ability to identify the defendant;
- Consent to sexual contact;
- Alleged victim’s use of drugs or alcohol;
- Alleged victim’s mental health records;
- Alleged victim’s criminal history;
- Alleged victim’s bias towards defendant; and
- Alleged victim’s credibility.
Accusations of sex crimes are frightening, serious, and put your freedom and reputation in jeopardy. Attorney Chris Spring offers the counsel and experience you need to build the most vigorous defense possible. Whether you’re located in Wayland or Sudbury, call Spring & Spring now to take the first step towards protecting your name and liberty.