Drug Charges And Gun Offenses
If the police found drugs in your home, in your car, or even in your pocket, you may still have a viable defense to the charges that will be filed against you. Do the charges fit the facts? Can the authorities connect the drugs to you? Did the police violate your constitutional rights during their investigation, their search or your arrest?
If you are charged with any type of drug crime, from simple possession to trafficking, Attorney Chris Spring will provide you with the aggressive and sophisticated representation you deserve. Attorney Spring also defends every type of gun crime in Massachusetts. See examples of the firm’s Success Stories in drug crime and gun crime cases.Arrested on Drug Charges? Caught With a Gun? Understand your Rights.
Any statement you make to the police will likely end up hurting you in court. Contact Attorney Spring immediately to schedule a free consultation at your home if you are charged with a drug or a gun offense. Attorney Spring accepts cases in every city and town in Middlesex, Essex, Worcester, Suffolk, and Norfolk Counties.Skilled Drug Crime Defense by a Former Prosecutor
Attorney Spring has successfully defended every type of drug crime:
- Drug possession — Knowledge of, and control over, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, OxyContin and other prescription drugs.
- Possession with intent to distribute — A crime that usually involves a larger quantity of narcotics along with circumstantial evidence suggesting that the defendant planned on selling the drugs.
- Distribution of drugs — An offense that often results from an undercover drug buy or an observed transaction.
- Drug trafficking — Extremely serious charge that the defendant sold, or possessed with the intention of selling, a large amount of drugs.
- School zone or park zone enhancements — Additional mandatory minimum jail time applies if certain drug crimes are committed within 300 feet of a school or 100 feet of a park.
Aside from marijuana possession, most drug crimes are felony offenses. A relatively small quantity of drugs can result in a substantial state prison sentence. Prior drug convictions often lead to mandatory prison time, even if the second offense involves a small amount. Because of the harsh mandatory minimum prison sentences that exist in Massachusetts, you need a lawyer who is willing and able to aggressively attack the Commonwealth’s evidence.
Attorney Chris Spring handled hundreds of drug prosecutions as an assistant district attorney for Middlesex County and has tried many drug cases in front of juries. As a former prosecutor, he knows how undercover operations are conducted and how to pick apart the Commonwealth’s evidence. Attorney Spring has had success with motions to dismiss and motions to suppress by challenging the constitutionality of traffic stops, the issuance and execution of search warrants, and the searches of his clients, their homes, and their cars.Aggressive Defense to Gun Crimes by a Former Prosecutor
Massachusetts has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. For instance, merely carrying a firearm without a valid permit carries a mandatory minimum 18 months in jail. Possessing or carrying a gun in connection with a drug crime, a burglary, an assault or any felony can add years of prison time to the underlying offense.
Attorney Spring has handled every type of firearm offense:
- Carrying a firearm
- Possessing a firearm without an FID card
- Possession of a high capacity firearm
- Possession of illegal weapons or ammunition
- Discharging a firearm near a building
- Being an armed career criminal
In addition to defending hundreds of clients charged with drug crimes in his career, Attorney Spring has written an article entitled 'A Step-By-Step Approach to Defending Drug Cases in Massachusetts'
Attorney Spring accepts drug-related and gun-related cases in Middlesex, Essex, Worcester, Norfolk and Suffolk Counties. Contact the firm today to arrange a free, confidential consultation. Chris Spring will travel to your home to discuss your case and your options.