Middlesex County Criminal Defense Law Firm
If you are charged with a crime, it is crucial that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney aggressively protecting your interests. Attorney Chris Spring, a former prosecutor, has dedicated his entire law practice to representing criminal defendants in Massachusetts. During the past 15 years, he has appeared in nearly every superior court and district court in Eastern Massachusetts and he has tried more than 150 cases before juries. He also has argued cases before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and the Appeals Court. Whether you are charged with a life felony or a misdemeanor, Attorney Spring will zealously defend you from your arraignment through your trial. Attorney Spring represents clients in every city and town in Middlesex, Worcester, Essex, Norfolk, and Suffolk Counties.A Former Prosecutor On Your Side
Attorney Spring began his career in the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office. He served as an assistant district attorney for more than three years and prosecuted cases in every courthouse in Middlesex County. After successfully handling cases in district court, Attorney Spring was promoted to superior court where he prosecuted defendants charged primarily with violent street crime, including sex offenses, and high-end drug trafficking cases. Attorney Spring’s experience as an assistant district attorney taught him the strategies used by prosecutors to convict individuals charged with crimes. He now shares that knowledge with his clients to put them in the best possible position to tear down the government’s case.
Too many defense attorneys are afraid to go to trial. Attorney Spring prepares every one of his cases as if they will be tried in front of a jury. Attorney Spring’s attention to every detail of every case combined with his extensive trial experience benefits his clients at every stage of the criminal proceedings.Experience
Attorney Spring has experience defending the following types of crimes:
- Drug offenses (including drug trafficking, distribution and possession with intent to distribute, school and park zone violations, and simple possession of drugs);
- Domestic violence (including assault and battery with or without a dangerous weapon, restraining order violations, kidnapping, and stalking);
- Motor vehicle offenses (including operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs, motor vehicle homicide, leaving the scene of death, leaving the scene of personal injury or property damage, and minor offenses such as operating with a suspended license);
- Sex crimes (including rape, indecent assault and battery, possession and distribution of child pornography, lewd and lascivious conduct, and sexting);
- Crimes against the person (including attempted murder, armed robbery, home invasion, burglary, criminal harassment, mayhem, and civil rights violations); and
- Property crimes (including arson, larceny, breaking and entering, malicious destruction of property, forgery, and uttering).
In addition to preparing every case to go to trial, Attorney Spring has a history of winning motions to suppress evidence, which sometimes leads to cases being dismissed prior to trial. Attorney Spring has hired a variety of experts on behalf of his clients, including medical doctors, DNA specialists, and private investigators to assist in trial preparation and testify at trial.Accessibility
Attorney Spring realizes being charged with a crime is stressful and hiring an attorney can be intimidating. He will travel to your home to meet with you, free of charge, to discuss your case and explore your legal options. You will not be billed unless you decide to hire Attorney Spring after your free consultation.
Attorney Spring does not have “business hours.” He gives every client his cell phone number and is available nights, weekends, and on holidays. If you hire Attorney Spring, you will deal with him directly and you will never talk to a secretary, paralegal, or associate.Affordability
Attorney Spring represents clients on a flat fee basis, and during your free consultation he will tell you exactly how much he will charge to represent you. Some attorneys charge by the hour or by how many times they have to go to court, but Attorney Spring thinks it’s fair for his clients to know upfront how much their attorney will cost, without having to worry about unpredictable legal bills. The flat fee includes representation at every juncture of the case, from the first appearance up to and including the jury trial.
Attorney Spring accepts personal checks and all major credit cards.